- Triangle as Turn + Quad LED Reverse Module DIY Kit
- Dremel with Cutting Blade or Ultrasonic Cutter
- Wire Strippers
- Solder or other Electrical Connectors
- Heat Shrink Tubing or Electrical Tape
Triangle as Turn
- Create a small cutout on each tail light to gain access to the blue wire triangle portion or open up the entire tail light.
- Cut the blue wire as close to the connector inside of the tail light.
- Solder the yellow/blue wire of the module to the disconnected blue wire and apply heat shrink tubing or electrical tape.
- Cut the tan (or sometimes gray) wire coming from the turn signal bulb halfway, allowing for access to both sides of the disconnect.
- Solder the red wire of the module to the disconnected tan/gray wire leading from the connector and apply heat shrink tubing or electrical tape.
- Solder to the two black wires (ground) from the module to other ground wires in the tail light. The black wire from the red wire side of the module will be connected to the black turn signal ground. The black wire from the yellow/blue wire side of the module will be connected to the black ground leading into the tail light. Apply heat shrink tubing or electrical tape.
- Stick the voltage converter inside the tail light using the provided double-sided tape.
Quad LED Reverse
- Solder the short yellow wire included in the DIY kit the tan/gray wire leading out from the turn signal bulb and apply heat shrink tubing or electrical tape.
- Solder or use the provided electrical T-Taps to connect the yellow wire to the orange wire leading to the reverse bulb.
- Install LED bulbs in the reverse and turn signal location.
When installing the tail light, ensure the orange resistor from the module is positioned between the car's metal body and the trunk fabric liner. The resistor can get hot and can lead to melting the tail light's plastic housing if positioned inside the tail light.